- Cultural Jihad – Can We Live Within Sharia, but Remain Christian?
- Costly but Free; Salvation and the Gift of Truth
- Societas Martyrum; Bearing Witness is the call of Baptism
- All murder is killing…. but not all killing is murder… It does make a difference!
- Inequality is the root of social evil… Inequality? Really??
- Living Faith! [or “Rules are not just for Monks!”]
- Bonds of Covenant give Strength for the Journey…
- Brothers and Sisters with EVERYONE??
- Follow Confessing Pilgrim on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Worldview
So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven; but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Mt. 10:32-33 / RSV) … Continue reading
They proclaim; “There are many paths to God… There are many roads to Salvation!” — Whether it’s the gospel according to Oprah or the controversy-averse, positivist ponderings from mega-churches, those who demand that they be “recognized” as “christians” flock to … Continue reading
“Martyr” means both far less AND far more than most people think it does… The power and subtlety of English is largely due to its wide-ranging propensity for embracing words from other languages. In recent years, though, political pressure from … Continue reading
I was rather disappointed recently when a generally well-respected Foxnews religious commentator, Fr. Jonathon Morris, quoted an infamous mistranslation of Scripture in his repeated reference to a particular Biblical commandment. He quoted ‘you shall not kill’ when, in fact, the … Continue reading
“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies (just) because they become fashions.”- G.K. Chesterton Soon after he became the Bishop of Rome, and the global leader of the Roman branch of catholic Christianity, the Vatican created a Twitter feed for … Continue reading
Love of our Lord reveals itself in the profound ordinariness of a holy life. — Leaving Faith “at the doorstep” is impossible if we truly follow Christ, because True Faith unavoidably influences how we live our lives. Salvation is through … Continue reading